1) The school will start TOMORROW Saturday, September 6th
Please bring your children at 11:00 am.
2) The students who aren’t registered yet MUST arrive earlier
to register 10:00 – 10:30 am
3) The fees is $50 per child (up to 3 children) and
$30 for each child after that. It is preferred to pay fees
by check payable to IASV.
4) Children who attended the school last SHOULD bring with
them the textbooks from last year.
For more information contact Br. AboTariq (540-432 9773)
1) School will start this Sunday, September 7th
2) No registration is required and no fees is collected. Just
For more information contact Br. Ehsan
Please pass the word
Eid al-Fitr will be celebrated on July 28th, 2014 at the IASV Masjid. Eid Salah will be approximately 9:30AM. Food will be provided, there is no need to bring any from home this year.
The Eid al-Fitr community event will be held at Hillandale Park (Shelter 12) on Monday, July 28th from 5:30pm to 9:00pm. Food and Fun will be provided. Please bring your whole family! See the Eid Celebration Flyer for more details.
- Ramadan is the ninth (9th) month in the Islamic Calendar and one of great religious significance for Muslims around the world. It is characterized by worship, spiritual contemplation and fasting. The Holy Quran states: “O you who believe, fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you may (learn) self-restraint.” Qur’an 2: 183.
- The Fiqh Council of North America recognizes astronomical calculation as an acceptable Shar’i method for determining the beginning of Lunar months including the months of Ramadan and Shawwal. FCNA uses Makkah al-Mukarrama as a conventional point and takes the position that the conjunction must take place before sunset in Makkah and moon must set after sunset in Makkah.
- On the basis of this method, the Islamic Association of the Shenandoah Valley is pleased to announce its calendar and events for Ramadan 1435 (2014 CE). Please keep checking back on the website for further details as they become available.
- First Day of Fasting: Saturday, June 28, 2014
- First Taraweeh Prayer: Friday,June 27, 2014
- Laylat-ul-Qadr: TBA
- Eid-ul-Fitr: Monday, July 28, 2014
- Please check back on this website daily at the following link to determine:
- Imsak (start fast) at Fajr Adan
- Iftar (break fast) at Maghrib Adan
- Taraweeh (special nightly prayers) and Isha prayer times